Once again we will be giving Christmas Hampers to people identified by our Referral Agencies. Last year we supplied 145 'Christmas Food' parcels. Will you help us give away even more this year?
Christmas should be a time of celebration, a time for families to be together, eat some good food, give presents (especially to children) and relax. This is very hard or even impossible for households in financial crisis. Our ‘Christmas Food’ parcels, given to households nominated by local healthcare or social care professionals, help such households celebrate Christmas. For our Christmas Appeal last year, local people donated almost 3.5 tonnes of both Christmas and emergency food. We delivered 145 ‘Christmas Hampers’, 105 of them to families with children aged 16 years or younger.
If you are an organisation wanting to help local people this Christmas:
- Please organise your Christmas Goodies food drive during NOVEMBER, with delivery by Friday December 6th.
a) This gives us time to check we have sufficient donations to fulfill all our Christmas Food orders, purchase any shortfall and prepare the Christmas Food Hampers ready for delivery / collection before Christmas Week.
b) Some Christmas food will be sent to our Foodbank Centres during December, for distribution with our usual 3-day food parcels.
c) Christmas food collected in December and arriving at our warehouse just before Christmas will not reach our Foodbank Centres until the New Year, so please aim to deliver your festive food collection early in December.
- Download a copy of our Christmas Food Appeal Letter
- Please send us a quick email to say you will be collecting for us and roughly when your collection will be ready to deliver / be collected.
- Download a copy of our 2019 Christmas Food Appeal poster
- Download a copy of our photocopiable shopping lists (4 per A4 page). In colour, but can be copied in black & white.
- Useful tips for a successful food drive, plus details on delivery / collection can be found here.
If you want to do an Advent Food Drive during December, then please focus on our standard shopping list items (see the Donate Food page for an up-to-date list) rather than our Christmas Appeal shopping list. Thank you.
If you are one of our Referral Agencies and you want to nominate a client for one of our ‘Christmas Food’ Parcels
- We will contact all our Referral Agencies during November giving details of how to nominate your clients.