Our foodbank relies on donations of both food and money to help us support people facing a crisis within communities across the UK. Without your goodwill, our foodbank would really struggle to operate, and that’s why your support is needed more than ever this Harvest.
The change in the seasons is a time when our foodbank sees an increased demand in services. The Harvest period is the perfect opportunity for us to stock up on a range of items, ensuring that we can continue to provide food parcels to people struggling during these busier months.
Our foodbank also needs to collect monetary donations to continue to fund our vital work. These donations help to cover the costs of storing and distributing food, as well as developing sustainable projects that help people out of crisis faster and have a lasting impact.
What is Harvest?
The autumn equinox, indicating the end of summer and a change in the seasons, marks the celebration of the Harvest festival period. It brings with it a time of reflection and thankfulness for the abundance of food we are fortunate to have, whilst also remembering those who don’t have access to the most basic of necessities.
This Harvest could you support our foodbank with a combined donation of food or funds to help local people in crisis?
- Download a copy of our Harvest Appeal letter
- Your food drive should take place during SEPTEMBER or OCTOBER.
- Please send us a quick email to say you will be collecting for us and roughly when your collection will be ready to deliver / be collected.
- Download our 2019 Harvest Poster. It includes a shopping list for the items that are in short supply in our warehouse. This year we have included some toiletries and cleaning products, because people in need of emergency food also need these items to maintain their own and their family’s health.
- Volunteers are available to visit and give a talk / presentation about the work of our foodbank. If you would like us to come, please contact us as soon as possible so we can plan our diary. Alternatively, if you are a primary school, we can email you a presentation for you to use.
- Useful tips on how to organise a sucessful food drive, togather with collection point labels etc. may be found on our ‘Organise A Food Drive‘ page
- Big or small, every gift helps to transform lives. One really helpful way to donate funds is to join our 200 Club and give a small monthly donation by standing order. Regular donations help us budget for running costs so we can focus all our energies on supporting food voucher recipients who come to our distribution centres.