Get Help

Shopping List

First, check we are the correct foodbank for your home address. If we are, then find and contact an agency who can issue you a food parcel voucher number and take the voucher number to one of our food bank centres where you can collect your food parcel. One voucher = one food parcel. Vouchers cannot be reused


Check we are the correct foodbank


If we are YOUR foodbank, you need to get a foodbank voucher

Note: Our local referral agencies can usually provide medium/long term support to help address some of the issues behind the reasons for your crisis so remember to stay engaged with them even after receiving your voucher number and food parcel.

1. Contact one of our Referral Agencies

If you are already getting support from an agency e.g. social services, family worker, healthcare professional or support worker, check to see if they are one of our referral agencies and then contact them to request a food voucher.

If you are in receipt of Universal Credit, use your online journal to request a food voucher.

If you are in receipt of legacy benefits, contact your local Job Centre and request a voucher.

If none of the above apply and you can’t afford food, you can telephone a trained Citizens Advice advisor, who will assess your circumstances and issue an electronic food voucher if appropriate:

  • either call the CAB national helpline on 0808 2082138 (freephone) (Monday to Friday, 10am to 4pm).
  • or call Bradford Citizens Advice on 03442 451282

If you are still having trouble getting a voucher contact us for advice on 01274 292256 or email [email protected].

If you are a local organisation or charity that works with people who might need the foodbank, please contact us directly.

2. Collect your food parcel from your nearest foodbank centre.

You can find a list of our local centres and opening times here. To comply with Covid-19 control measures and the local lockdown, our foodbank centre cafes are closed and we are issuing food parcels at the external door of the venue.

Take your paper / card voucher or your electronic voucher number with you.

Once Covid-19 control measures are relaxed, we will return to our normal practice of having pop-up cafes at each foodbank centre:

When you arrive, you will be welcomed, shown to a table, offered refreshments and given a chance to explain any specific health / religious dietary requirements. Once your food parcel is on its way, you have a chance to chat with one of our volunteers. There may be additional ‘Help Yourself’ items on offer and occasionally we have fresh food available.

If you have any further questions our FAQ’s page may help, or feel free to give us a call.

Back to Get Help